lauantai 20. syyskuuta 2014

Liane

A rap for my big sister Lilli.

You were willing to bear witness to my crap rap shows
Applauded till I felt like an Xzibit and Coolio combo
You loved the snow and stormy weather
You and nature were birds of a feather
Runner and unfettered for the better
Never did I ever think we'd lose you forever
The revered falling to a scummy bloodletter

I considered revenge but you were one to defend
If a man did wrong, you told him to repent
That to resent was time poorly spent
Summer out the winter of our discontent
I used to think you naive, to some extent
Until I saw you bury a proxy alive in cement
Even though after you lamented and relented
Looked at you different, but I still loved you a hundred percent.

It took your grave
To realise the mistakes I made
I always hated and debated whether to say it
Of all us ill-fated, you were best I knew
There wasn't a single situation you couldn't improve
Walking with me down the starlit avenue
Told me there was no prayer that God has no answer to
But these days, He needs more angels, so He took you

I feel a guarding presence
Giving me strength
All the things you did in life
A familiar light
It lets me fight these demons away
It lets me know that if I pray,
I can do the right thing someday

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti